Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Toronto :-)

The hubs and I enjoyed a great 4 day kid-free break in Toronto this past week (thanks, Grandparents!). He had a conference and it was our 11th anniversary, so I tagged along. We spent a year living in T.O. back when our son was a baby, and we have great friends and fond memories there....always love when I get a chance to go visit! Had breakfast with my Mommy group buddy Julie, dinner with my good friend Anna and her new-to-me beau (thumbs up, he's a keeper), and got to spend a bit of each day with my BFF Samantha :-) Oh yah, and some quality, uninterrupted time with My Man as well ;)

I didn't take many pictures as I was too busy having fun, but I did score me some AWESOME new shoes at Trove on Bloor Street West. Loving yellow.


Sam and I also cruised Queen Street West and shopped in all the awesome little stores. I hit up several yarn shops, this one was my favorite.


Also LOVED this paper store! Look how they have paper on bolts like fabric- swoon!


By night, we also enjoyed the town. Delicious dinners and a couple shows. I love musicals, so we got ourselves tickets to Billy Elliot. And, better yet....tickets to Glee with Sam and Jordan. I confess I have become a bit of a Gleek this year, I store up shows on my PVR to watch while I am hand stitching binding :-) It was a great concert!




Great to visit, but great to come home again. Until next time!

9 comments:

April @ Sewing Novice said...

I love Glee! I'm a little jealous of you right now. :-D

Stephanie said...

Glad you had fun. I think I am a little jealous of your Glee experience :)

Anne said...

I saw glee when they were in San Jose, and they were FANTASTIC! I had such a great time! The rest of your trip sounds lovely. :D Maybe I can get my parents to watch over my research so I can take a vacation somewhere....

Emily said...

Oh my goodness, I am GREEN with envy. SOMEONE might have a little crush on Blaine. My first celebrity crush since Kirk Cameron!

Little Blue Mouse said...

I love Glee. I didn't know there was a live show, it must have been great.

Tabatha said...

I not a huge fan of Glee though I have been known to watch and actually enjoy an episode or two. Yes, I'm one of those brave enough to come out and admit I'm not a gleek. ;D

I LOVE your new shoes! I work almost right beside the Royal Alex theater, is that where you saw Billy Elliot?

Kristy said...

Looks like loads of fun and those shoes....WOWZA! Crazy awesome!!! :D

Shay said...

I'm outting myself as a Gleek too.

Those new shoes are da bomb and it looks like you had wayyyyyyy too much fun on this trip. I love the throw rug in the window of the knitting store. Too cute! I hope you stole it for me.

felicity said...

Nice kicks - glad you had fun in Hogtown. Does anybody besides old fogeys call it that anymore? Anyway, there are times when I miss Toronto but then I remember about the heat and the humidity and the snow and then I don't.